General Muscle Car Tech Pontiac was given credit with beginning the Muscle Car Era with the GTO, Have a vintage Pontiac muscle car, tell us about it, or ask any questions in here!

1970 Pontiac GTO 'Judge'

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Default 1970 Pontiac GTO 'Judge'

I have a 1970 Pontiac GTO 'Judge' with 49,000mi on the clock, still in everyday use and all original. The car is in great condition except for slight damage to drivers door.
Electric windows, seats, door locks. Competition suspension. Turbo 400 auto gearbox. Aerofoil. Cruise control. Aircon. 4 shift functional Ram Air.
Does anyone know the value/demand for the car?
Thanks!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Default RE: 1970 Pontiac GTO 'Judge'

Sorry I cant help you out. but it would help to see some pictures of it.
And I can tell you that it is hard to say what the car is worth as a driver. There is a magazine! I think it's called the old car price giude. But I'm really sure on that. But I can tell you is that it puts a price on the car in different conditions that it may be in. Something like 1through 5 or 6. 1 being a perfect 100 point car or a car that rarely gets driven. And 2 being your very nice show car and so on. http://www.oldcarspriceguide.net/Hope this help you out.

Oh you can go to this site too. http://www.nadaguides.com/home.aspx
goodluck

Old 01-11-2008, 04:01 PM

I wouldn't want you to worry about the price. Just send it to me and I will take care of it for you.Enjoy the Goat!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Full Access Member

sungoddess,
If you're planning to sell it, get the damage professionally repaired by an auto restorer, not body shop, so the repair will be correct and keep the value up. Muscle cars are hot now, so I'd say $25k-35k for an original car in no.2-3 condition- it's a volatile market so it really depends where you list it and sell it. The big auctions draw high rollers, so you may getmore,since the car is a Judge.

If you want top dollar, your car has to be perfect- no rust, no dings, dents, scratches. All chrome and trim clean with no scratches. It also has to be tuned, engine bay detailed (not just washed but engine correctly painted and clean, tires OEM (not just any regular set of radials). People shelling out $40k+ for a muscle car know what they're buying, and will evaluate your price accordingly. I would also garage the car not drive it to keep the miles down.

Original cars are appreciating well, but another segment is growing- muscle cars modified with aftermarket parts. The pro builders are adding electronic fuel injection, modern high performance suspensions and wheels, high horsepower (600+hp) engines, etc. Obviously this takes alot of time and money, but these cars are drawing alot more money since they are built to run on today's fuel, handle and drive like modern sports cars, and stand out even in a muscle car show. These cars may not be top models like your Judge, but again most buyers of these cars know how much is spent on them and pay accordingly.

I personally would just repair the damage and drive it- enjoy what is probably one of Pontiac's best road cars from the muscle car era. It's rare and unique piece of automotive history, unlike some BMW convertible or MB SLK- not for everyone, but for a driver who appreciates classic performance.If some one wants your car bad and makes you an offer you can't refuse, at least you can say youenjoyed it before you let it go.

Have Fun,
Geno

Old 04-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Full Access Member

Try watching discovery turbo appraise my car! You can have many ideas on the current price of vehicles no matter how old it is! Besides its a classic you just need to restore it and put it on the market.

Car Insurance
Get the best deals on car insurance Premium
Protect your car
Save your Vehicle

Pontiac parts
Parts and accessories
Genuine Car Parts

Car Repair Manual
Step-by-step instructional guide
For Do it yourself repair

Check Store Pricing & Availability
Low Prices, Same Day Shipping, & Free Support. Call 1-800-387-8108

Old 04-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Full Access Member

Yeah you can get top dollar, but it has to be perfect. The judges are crazy popular though so who knows. It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay money for car service.

Last edited by alexanderc; 08-17-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:09 AM
Wink

Is it a ram air 3 or 4? A pic would be great as some one said, My guess the way it is around 35-55k.