Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Dual Alternators

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Default Dual Alternators

Hey guys, i have a 1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE. It's in amazing shape and runs like a top at just over 214,000 miles. It was my grandfather's car which my father bought and passed along to me. The a/c compressor seized on it and there is a bypass pulley in there now. I have a 130 amp alternator that is from a Ford Ranger (I know crossing lines, but hey it's mad power lol). Anyways, i was hoping somebody would be able to help me out with any information possible about any brackets available, hooking it up to the current system, etc. Basically i only need to figure out how to wire it up to the current turn on sensors because i'm running dual yellow tops in my trunk for my system and i want to keep that system separate from the rest. Is this at all possible? PLEASE HELP!!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Full Access Member
Default RE: Dual Alternators

are you running short of power? may I ask whats your system?

Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 PM

Well currently i have a 2000 Ford Ranger as said before and i have 2-12" Torrent Audio Mistrals (Custom made, i have the last 4 in existance) They are rated at 400 rms as per the birth sheet, but i've been told that they handles upwards of 500 rms if not more (company owner's words). I have an 850 rms kenwood amp runnin them now with dual yellow top deep cycle batteries. My headlights dim with that amount of storage power with only one amp. I'm gonna be running 4 of those subs and 2 new kenwood amps pushing 900 rms each, plus a decent 4 channel amp for my interiors (4 pairs of pioneer 6x8's, a pair of pioneer 6x9's and a pair of pioneer 5 1/4's) Needless to say, i need a ton more power. Not to mention that i have interior lighting, undercar lighting, 4 pairs of strobes and i like to run my system at car shows and club meets without the motor on. I plan on keeping the factory alternator in it's place along with a new battery in the current location for the motor and onboard components of the vehicle. The Ford alternator and yellow tops would be for my system and accessories. Putting that alternator is would help me ALOT, but i just need to figure out how, so to answer your question, yes i am running short of power, in so few words lol

Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 PM

I know it's gonna be bad *** once it's all said and done, i just need to figure out how to get to bad *** status lol