Pontiac Forum - Pontiac Discussion Forums

Pontiac Forum - Pontiac Discussion Forums (https://www.pontiactalk.com/forum/)
-   Sunfire 1995-2005 (https://www.pontiactalk.com/forum/sunfire-1995-2005-14/)
-   -   Exhaust/headers (https://www.pontiactalk.com/forum/sunfire-1995-2005-14/exhaust-headers-222/)

AndrewNmandy 05-02-2006 10:47 PM

Exhaust/headers

The headers on my Fiances 01 sunfire coupe are all rusted and gives the engine bay an overall bad look. So I am going to add a drop in KnN filter to make sure the engine is getting clean air. I want to get some headers and an exhaust/Exhaust tip. Ebay has a set of Headers that they say will fit stock exhaust for 120 and a set of OBX headers for 155. Are those any good? also going to add an exhaust tip ,but with adding the exhaust tip will the car sound really high pitched, like a weed eat on meth?

Patrick 05-03-2006 03:50 PM

RE: Exhaust/headers

ok..a few things i dont understand...you keep saying "headers"..or a set of headers. what is the set? it should only be one.

AndrewNmandy 05-04-2006 02:45 AM

OK sorry, A set/headers. Ebay has headers pretty cheap but will the ebay headers fit the stock exhaust untill i buy a new exhaust system. Yes or No... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...spagenameZWDVW

And will a new exhaust tip give the car a really high pitched sound?

AndrewNmandy 05-06-2006 03:36 PM

Anyone?

ecotech05 05-14-2006 02:44 PM

Hey andrewnMandy,
I wouldnt suggest getting those headers I looked at them too, but there not an exact fit. If your gonna get headers for your sunfire I would suggest trying www.lmperformance.com. That;s were I found all my performance parts for my sunfire also I would suggest to you getting am Amsoil air filter instead of K&N because its cheaper and it works better for your car more flow than K&N and cheaperr too I think I got mine for like $25.00. I hope this helps. Let me know what you decide. I tried ebay for all my parts for my sunfire but Ebay had jack. everything was universal and reading some of the feedback said that some had to be modified. Hope this helps.

AndrewNmandy 05-14-2006 10:34 PM

Thanks for the info. I ran amsoil in my 4wheelers, both 2 and 4stroke and the perforamce was awesome. I honestly noticed a diffrence in power and overall smoothness in the engine/tranny. Also burned off all the excess Carbon biuld up on top of the piston on my 2 strokes. I am going to run amsoil oil,air and oil filter in the car sense it only needs changed ever 25k..

AndrewNmandy 05-14-2006 10:37 PM

PS exactly what headers did you buy? I was going to buy the uncoated Pacesetter headers, I had them on my Z28, the block hugger headers and I loved them. What can I coat them with? was thinking red BBQ pit paint, 1500º

ecotech05 05-15-2006 02:45 AM

Yea synthetic is great I put it in my sunfire and it runs awesome I do use amsoil also my car runs cooler idles better and saves on gas. As far as headers I chose not to get them because I thought I might have to mod them reading some of the negitive feedback from Ebay I was like nah. I just chose to get exuast But go with stainless steel if you do. you dont want to deal with rust in the future. about coating them with bbq pit paint let me do some reasearcch on that and Ill let ya know k. Hope this helps sunfires rule lol.

AndrewNmandy 05-15-2006 12:57 PM

awesome man, Thanks alot. I tried to do a little search on it but couldnt find anything much. no1 seems to be TOO helpfull unless your driving a Gt mustang or a Z28. But I dont know of a Z or GT that gets 26-30mpg in the city ;)

ecotech05 05-16-2006 09:58 AM

Yea I dont know a Mustang that works good lol j/j sorry not a big ford fan. Ill talk to my buddy about your idea hes a car God hes got an 87 Grandnational that runs 11's and a wrx thats majororly quick so ill see what he says. Do you know buy chance were I could get good deals on Intake for my sunfire and an exuast, besides Egay I thought about the website I showed you but some are way over priced. I was gonna buy a dual exuast one but id have to drill holes and mod it cause my cars only single so let me know if you know anywere to get good deals on exaust and intake. maybe I should put a turbo on there lol. what year is your sunfire do you have the ecotech version in there if so awesome performance.