General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Almost a Pontiac = El Poncho????

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Default Almost a Pontiac = El Poncho????

Hello all! I am looking for any information on mid-seventies El Camino conversions which had same year Grand Prix doghouse and doors exchanged for stock Chevy items. I actually saw one sold on E-bay a couple of years ago, and had downloaded the pics, but my pc blew up. The rear quarters also had Grand Prix wheel openings grafted on. When painted, usually two-tone,the cars looked great! They also sported the SJ interior. I have an old '75El Camino and some Grand Prix sheet metal, etc., and will attempt the conversion project as soon as the snow is gone here in Illinois. The E-bay car was down in Texas somewhere, and the seller said that there was a company in California that had builtaround 20conversions. I have a nice 400/400 to put in the car. Any information or pictures would be appreciated. By the way, one of my other projects is a '75 Stutz Blackhawk. (Elvis had 3, Sammy Davis Jr. had 2, Dean Martin had 1, Sinatra had 1, and so on.) They were custom-built in Italy on 69 - 77 Grand Prixs. Fewer than 400 were built from 1969 to 1980. They even built some limos and convertables. Mine has a blue-printed 455SD. The attached file shows what I hope my finished Stutz will hopefully look like when Icompletethe restorationproject. For more information on these cars, go to www.madle.org

John