Grand Am This long running model has seen many transformations, and has always remained a popular economical vehicle.

93 grand am

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Default 93 grand am

Hi I'm new here and I've basically been given my grandmothers 93 grand am for a little while. Its only got 90,000 kms on it and is in good shape (for a domestic). I was just wondering, when i'm getting up to speed, around 80km/h the car seems to switch into overdrive quite early and there isa slight shuddering felt. If i give it enough gas it'll downshift and then go back to OD. Another thing is i find this car is horrendous on gas, as i get maybe 500kms to a tank, and i don't want to push it any further. Being a 57 litre tank i think that I'd be better off driving my pathfinder, as it seems to get better milage. Its got the 3.3L v6, but still I think I should be getting better milage than this. One more thing is there seems to be some slight rust starting at the front fenders, is it common to these cars? I'm used to driving 5 speeds so auto problemsare relativly new to me.

I'm normally a nissan guy, and I LOVE my 93 auto(no problems though[:'(])and my dads 2000 pathfinder 5 speed, hence the name redfinder. I'm usually on my nissan forum, but figured i'd join here since I'm using this little machine.

Thanks in advance for any help.