Grand Prix This long running model has seen many changes, from a large RWD car, to a smaller RWD car, to a small FWD car, to a large FWD car, and with its available supercharged engines, and powerful V8s, it has never left the limelight as one of the most popular cars in America.

Blown Fuses

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Default Blown Fuses

I have a 94 grand prix 2dr coupe and I'm trying to figure out what's goin on with it. A few months ago it started blowing my fuse thatcontrols the guages usually when my headlights were on. I drove it a while just during the day and it drove fine until a few weeks ago it starting blowing the same fuse even with the lights off. Once the fuse blows the dome light comes on, the doors unlock, and if my headlights are on the dinger chimes and won't stop unless i turn the headlights off. Almost like it's haunted. Replaced the Altenator thinking that was the prob but no luck. Seems to me it's a ground but I don't know where to even start. Never done electrical work before. Any Ideas?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Default RE: Blown Fuses

Okay I looked at it some more. Apparently it's the IP Electronic Fuse but I can't find out anything about it other than it's10 amps. What does this fuse go with?