Grand Prix This long running model has seen many changes, from a large RWD car, to a smaller RWD car, to a small FWD car, to a large FWD car, and with its available supercharged engines, and powerful V8s, it has never left the limelight as one of the most popular cars in America.

crank but no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Default crank but no start

So I have recently replaced the crank sensor since the car wouldnt start before. Understand though, the sensor is not AC Delco part (even though I told him to get the AC Delco part). This car is driving me nuts as I replaced the intake manifold gasket a year ago with many parts replaced including injectors. With the replaced crank sensor, I also had to replace the oil pan gasket, oil pan, water pump, crank pulley

But to continue with the problem...........
After putting it all together, I went to start it and it fired and had a rough idle till it died. I went to restart and floored it, started revved to 2500rpms (which was the point where I let off throttle) and car died. I then continued to crank with no luck. I pulled spark plugs, and I smell gas on the plugs, but then I checked spark and had nothing. There doesnt seem to be any more fuel getting into the cylinders now, just like left over from when it would fire.

So, think its possible this aftermarket crank sensor could have worked at first and then crapped out on me? I just about bought an AC Delco one a few minutes ago, but I figured I would ask here first about it.

Oh, and again its not a Pontiac but a 98 Olds Intrigue 3800.