Montana This Minivan replaced the Transport as the minivan in the Pontiac lineup.

99 Transport no power door locks (without remote)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Default 99 Transport no power door locks (without remote)

I have a 99 transport. 1) When I move gear to Drive doors lock. 2) When I use the inside button to power unlock the doors does not function (stay closed). 3) To unlock the doors elctrically I have to turn the ignition off 4) Also, engine running shift into Park posission it should unlock the doors automativcally does not funtion as well. Any suggestions to solve the problem please.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Default RE: 99 Transport no power door locks (without remote)

This could be a tough one! The service manual suggests that it may be a bad connection or the BCM (body control module) is faulty. You may try reprogramming the BCM door lock feature.

1. Turn the light dimmer all the way right then back slightly.
2. With the ignition OFF, remove the BCM PRGRM fuse.
3. Turn the ignition to the ACC position.
4. Listen to the number of chimes. They indicate the BCM type you have (2,3,or 4). not really important.
5. Press and release the door lock switch. Count the number of chimes in order to determine the current mode.
6. Press the door lock switch again to advance to the next mode.
7. Continue to press the door lock switch until you reach the desired mode.

To exit programming mode.

1. Turn off the ignition key.
2. Replace the BCM PRGRM fuse.

Auto Door Lock Modes.

Mode 1:
Auto door locks disabled

Mode 2:
All of the doors lock when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK with the ignition ON.

Mode 3:
All of the doors lock when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK with the ignition ON. All of the doors unlock when the ignition is turned OFF.

Mode 4:
All of the doors lock when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK with the ignition ON. All of the doors unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK.

I hope this helps.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Full Access Member
Default RE: 99 Transport no power door locks (without remote)

Or you can remove the passenger trim panel on the floor of passenger door opening and check the wires that are join together at that spot for the small white and light blue wires you wil find two wires into one for both at that connection they rot from moisture.