Need advice on pricing my 2001 grand am GT - Pontiac Forum - Pontiac Discussion Forums

New Members Area New to PT? Stop in tell us about you.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:53 PM

Default Need advice on pricing my 2001 grand am GT

Hi, I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT I want to sell, but I am not sure how to price it. It's the color red, physically in good shape..there is some peeling paint though on the spoiler. The interior is in good shape but needs to be cleaned. It is fully loaded, with leather seats, and sliding sunroof. Brand new tires and brakes . It has a V6 engine with front wheel drive and ABS and traction system, Power windows, and locks. However two windows need regulators, and the ABS and TRAC OFF light keep coming on. I was told the sensor for my bearings needs replaced to cause the ABS and TRAC lights to go off. Also it has started over heating...I had the water pump replaced along with the thermostat and the overflow tank and cap. That stopped the overheating for a month...but then started overheating again. I took it back to the mechanic he said it's possibly the head gaskets. I told him I think the new water pump failed based on where I see the water leaking from. He disagreed. So, I decided to sell the car. I don't have the time, energy or resources to figure out what's wrong with it. Or to get into a back and forth with the mechanic. He did tell me I don't need to make any more payments though..so that was good. So based on what I've written...(sorry I don't have a picture of the car) what would you recommend I price the car at? Is it worth selling with all of the mechanical issues?

Last edited by Stacinwa; 04-14-2018 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Spelling errors