Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Flipping a Car.,

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Default Flipping a Car.,

Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much flipping a car from its side or just lifting a car from its front equivocates in dead lifting? I know flipping is a bit different but just lifting the front should be the same. I know people will be tempted to guess but please don't give an answer unless you are pretty sure it’s accurate. Thanks

Old 01-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Default RE: Flipping a Car.,

Hi, I really don’t have any idea about that, Cars all weigh different, have a different distribution of weight, and you will be lifting each car from a different height. Yes I can suggest you to have a look of some of car lifts. Nowadays Auto Body Lift is usually used and they are pretty helpful in such cases.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Full Access Member
Default RE: Flipping a Car.,

I wouldn't attempt it without a rotisserie- one of those welded tube-steel jigs that bolts to the body-mount points, has big casters on it so you can move it around the shop floor, and at least two more people to help you move it. They aren't cheap and usually only auto restorers use them- not a tool I'd think about owning unless I did that and had the room to use it.

Geno