Sunfire 1995-2005 This sport compact offered sporty lines and an efficient engine, allowing the driver the feel of the a sports car without the huge fuel bill.

Break line length

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 01:32 AM
Default Break line length

Hey everyone,
Been trying to find the length of the hard lines online, but i cant. If anyone knows, or knows a good place to look, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 10-10-2019, 04:11 AM
Default Answer!

25 feet is the short answer. The rest of this is the long answer.
Ok, so after a lot of work (and i mean a lot), taking off and installing the hard lines for the two rear brakes, getting new pressure regulators, and finding the right nuts, i had to learn how to bubble flare. If you have never done that, feel free to send me a message and i can walk you through it, but you will
HAVE to make BUBBLE, NOT DOUBLE flares. i got everything together, only to find out that the passenger side front hard line had a hole and was spraying fluid. Originally i had purchased a 25 foot roll of nicopp, the new hard line that bends like butter, never rusts, and is super easy to work with, but wasnt sure how much i needed. So after replacing both rears, i had approximately 10 feet left. The front pass side was a pain, as there are about 4 or 5 clips that retain the line to the body, and two of them are damn near impossible to get to. Not to mention making the correct bends when you reach the wheel well. I left myself an extra foot to assure fitment. So after i got that sorted out, i had about 3 feet left. I havnt done the driver side as i havnt needed to just yet, but will update if so. When i did the rears, i left a considerable amount of line just to be sure if i needed to make any adjustments, which was around a foot in total. (I just ran the line down and under and clamped to the brackets) so all in all that would of given me about 4 feet if i would have done all lines tightly. I could only assume that 3 feet would be plenty to reach the brakes on the driver side. In long, the answer is just go ahead and get 25 feet, cause you will need it if you plan on making perfect bends and having it factory specd. Like i said, i still have about 4 feet left, so the 25 foot roll was perfect!

Another clip on back, and down the frame

The mess you gotta guide the line through.
The line that is off is the passenger side.