Sunfire 1995-2005 This sport compact offered sporty lines and an efficient engine, allowing the driver the feel of the a sports car without the huge fuel bill.

Confused about my 2.2 ltr sunfire

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Default Confused about my 2.2 ltr sunfire

I have a 2000 sunfire with the 2.2 ltr, 3 speed, with A/C. When I drive the car it runs great. when i comes to a stop the car idles rough. when taking off from a stop the car will surge sometimes as well. it does not do this all the time. It gave a code indicating it was lean on bank 1. any ideas on what it could e are appreciated! on another note- I thought i would change out the PCV valve (not usre it is related to the issue) but i cannot find it. It is not in the location the chiltons says that is is supposed to be. I dont have any hoses coming off the valve cover other then the one that goes into the aircleaner. is it possible that the motor we have does not use one? i did notice that our engine is not like the one in the chiltons even though it says it is for the 2000 model year.

thx!

Old 11-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Full Access Member
Default RE: Confused about my 2.2 ltr sunfire

Chiltons is the suck. Get a Haynes. Oh with the rough idle, check the timing and the fuel system

Old 12-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Default RE: Confused about my 2.2 ltr sunfire

your 2.2 dosunt have a pcv valve it has a ccv continus crank case vent. and about your rough
idle chex four a louseor brokenvacume line that is ware i would start