Sunfire 1995-2005 This sport compact offered sporty lines and an efficient engine, allowing the driver the feel of the a sports car without the huge fuel bill.

upgrades for 1999 sunfire

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Default upgrades for 1999 sunfire

is there any sites for upgrades for engines and appearnce for a 1999 sunfire? any suggestions woulg be greatly appreciated.[8D]

Old 01-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Full Access Member
Default RE: upgrades for 1999 sunfire

Yeah. You can put a Flowmaster muffler on it. I have a 60 Series on mine(I have the same year model), it makes it sound great..Other than that you can put on a stupid Short Ram intake....No good really, they work great until your engine gets hot then you might as well just keep your stock intake..I have a K&N stock replacement filter. It works great and is more responsive and a bit better gas mileage..You can put on an aftermarket header. But the only header really out there for a Sunfire is a Pacesetter and those rust out in no time..So just keep looking. Start out by telling me what you'd want to do to your car...

Old 03-20-2007, 02:05 PM

What performance improvementsare gainedwith an underdrive pulley? Are there any makers of performance chips out there? How about suspensionupgrades like larger sway bars, and strut braces? I see there areCAI products but how about a custom ram air system? Cosmetically speaking has anyone tinted their windows. What are thewidest tires you can use with 17" wheels? Would they be 215's? I just got my 98 Sunfire last week and am happy with it so far.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:08 PM

I almost forgot about a throttle body extension?

Old 03-24-2007, 03:50 PM
ego

does the flowmasters have a real good sound on the sunfire!!i want something wit some base, scare civics off...and do u have duals, because i thinkin bout puttin some on my but i dont want to rob it of power![&o]

Old 05-06-2007, 02:23 AM
Full Access Member

I don't have dual exhaust. Like I said I have a 60 Series Delta Flow muffler. Its deep. Not REALLY loud but quite noticable. Go the flowmastermufflers.com They have sound clips of each muffler they make. The 60 Series sound clip is of a 60 Series on a Dodge Neon. But you'll have an idea of what it will sound like. If you think thats too quiet. Get a 40 Series Delta Flow. It says its for large engines. But you can have it on a four banger. A 40 is loud. The 40 Series D.F. loud but has a deeper tone. So its all up to your preference. But the 60 Series is the best way to go!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 PM

there are tons of upgrades that you can do.. a good pontiac muffler and exhaust system would be great. yup. flowmaster sounds great.. my brother had it on his ride..

Old 06-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Full Access Member

superchip makes a well chip for the sunfire. you want the fastest way to get some real perfomance.. thats it

Old 06-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Full Access Member

Yeah, Superchips does make a chip for the J-Body. But I havent heard anything about them.. There are cheap strut bars on E-bay. But I advise to you all. Get ONLY a REAR strut bar. Dontget a FRONT. The point of a strut bar is to stiffen up the struts; make them flex equally. FWD cars push through corners(understeer), so if you put a front strut bar on. you will make the car push wayyy to much. So only get a rear and it will make it more neutral in handling. I recommend the Flowmaster mufflers. A throttle body spacer would be a good bet. But you cant buy any, so you'll needa custom one..

Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 AM
ego

What does the under pulleys do and has any one supercharged there sunfire... I have the 2.2 ohv engine I'm told I would melt a rod if I do supercharge it... ps I only said supercharge cause turbo is for imports....[&:]

Quick Reply: upgrades for 1999 sunfire