1st Generation 1967-1969 This section is for info pertaining to 1967 to 1969 Firebirds.

67 F-Body frame and body alignment points.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 01:02 PM
Default 67 F-Body frame and body alignment points.

I have recently started a 67 Firebird Convertible restomod project. In my research leading up to the build I found a lot of conflicting information on the body and frame alignment points used when replacing the floor and firewall system. When I started looking at the project I realized that my chassis, although requiring A LOT OF LOVE, was an example of a car that had never been hit or twisted. So I spent the time to go through it and measure every interesting point on the system and compared them to the factory supplied data, such as it is. I was interested in building my own assembly jig at the time and I really wanted to know more about the location of the rear mounting points of the front sub frame. I measured the points while the chassis was leveled on a lift then set up an auto twirler jig and dialed the points in exactly and remeasured every thing. I documented these points as closely as I could (+/- .1”ish). I would like to share this data to anyone interested in a similar endeavor. If you would like to have a look, you can find this data on my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3f...wY853f2so5AvpA. Subscribe if you would like to keep up with the project and the challenges I run into. Also ping me if you would like and I will be happy to send you the PDF file so you can print it out. My email is listed on the channel under “About”. Of course I make no warrantee as to the accuracy of this data and you are free to use it at your own risk. Hope this helps you out.