Bonneville While this model began its run as a full sized model, and shrunk down to a mid sized model in the 80s and 90s, it has returned to full size sedan status to be the flagship luxury model in the Pontiac lineup.

1995 Bonneville Brakes NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Default 1995 Bonneville Brakes NEED HELP

Hello Im Jim and im new on here. But currently i own a 1995 bonnville. My brakes just went out about 3 weeks ago and took it to a shop and they said it was the master cylinder. Got that changed out and still wouldnt fix anything and got it checked out again and they said that it was the break booster. I got the breakk booster changed outand while they were bleeding the breaks they said the brake cylinder on the driver side rear was messed up and they replaced that also.Well i got the car back today and it is alittle bit better however when you step on the break the pedal goes all the way to the floor. The car does stop but its alot better when you pump it and try to stop it. Is there any suggestions on what to do? the mechanic doesnt even wanna look at the car anymore. I have a small fortune in this car and dont want to spend a lot more money. I live in charlotte NC. Can any of you help me out and give me some suggestions or maybe if anyone lives around here tell me where to take it to? Thanx for all the help

Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Default RE: 1995 Bonneville Brakes NEED HELP

Hello Jim,

Well you changed the Master Cylinder, the brake booster, and the drivers side brake cylinder.
First, if you have not already, go to auto parts store and buy the book for that vehicle ($16 max)
From the sounds of it you are still loosing brake fluid (Brake peddle goes to the floor), if this is the case do not drivr the car it is only time before you step on the peddle and the car does not stop. If you have not tryed, I would start by bleeding the brakes (4x). If you do work yourself (ie. have tools) start looking for the leak.
Start by taking each tire off and looking for fluid. If you see fluid you will need to replace that bake unit.
When you finish with that and still have a problem look at the ABS unit if the car has one.

Best Regards,

Stuart